We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahé car rental

Brno, Czech Republic
1 post
Save Topic
Mahé car rental

Hello,

i want to ask some questions about car rental on Mahé.

i want to ask if local car rental companies (Alpha Rent A Car etc.) wants your credit card to rent a car?

Because all international companies i found on internet need credit card (not debit) in order to rent you a car.

I have only debit card.

Or alternatively is it possible to pay cash only (without any reserve(for excess etc.) by credit/debit card) at the airport?

And how much is insurance excess, i found no specification from these local companies. For example excess limit by international companies is too high - usually over 500-1000 euro...

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahé car rental

Hi,

I do not know any company in Seychelles which is not requesting credit card for renting a car. All the companies I worked with were renting cars if I was giving them my credit card details. Nobody will rent you a car if you are not able to guarantee for the excess liability which vary between 500 and 2000 euro. So you will not be able to rent a car at the airport if you do not have a credit card or you do not pay the excess liability upfront.

Miki

Edited: 03 June 2014, 14:36
Mentioned in this post
mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahé car rental

HI,

What can be done, is you can give a credit card as deposit for security but at the time of returning the car request to pay by cash.

www.seychellesbayview.com

3. Re: Mahé car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:17