We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles or Maritius ?

great britain
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles or Maritius ?

Can not work out weather to go to Seychelles or maritius next year.

Going end of July early August, what is the weather like in both places and I have been told the sea is cold at this time of year ?

I presume that both places are both drier and warmer than the Maldives ?

Thanks very much

John B UK

Gairloch, Scottish...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles or Maritius ?

Hi John B

Have spent time in both

Seychelles is beautiful but very expensive and limited things to do, not much culture

Parts of Mauritius are busier but it is a lot cheaper and loads to do

Both sets of pople are very helpful and kind, very little crime or hassle to buy things. Neither needs vaccinations but check out situation with Chickengunya virus now (spelt wrong sorry)

Weather is similar in my experience, not sure how it compares with Maldives but you will be able to meet local poeple easily in both unlike Maldives. The sea was definitely not cold in July/Aug but there can be heavy rain showers but it is warm rain!

Hope you have a great time wherever you go

Jess

www.dryisland.co.uk

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles or Maritius ?

definetly seychelles.

more idyllic, your typical "postcard" island with beautiful deserted beaches and blue sea.

i would say seychelles do have quite a bit of rain in the rainy season as its very lushous and green and you have the rain forest on praslin....so yes there's rain!

I would say that the 3/4 star hotels are of much better quality on mauritius as you have a lot of the "international chain" hotels.

although, with the private island resorts on seychelles - are some of the most luxurious hotels in the world if you have the budget.

beaches are nicer on the seychelles!!

3. Re: Seychelles or Maritius ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 06:26