We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which currency to take?

New Delhi, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which currency to take?

Hi

I am travelling for 2 weeks to seychelles in August. Wanted to the know which currency should I take - USD or Euros. I am from India so will have to buy both of them here.

I read somewhere that even if euros are more prevalent sometimes it is cheaper to pay by dollars since they charge the same amount in dollars and euros. (Buying dollars is 25% cheaper for me due to the exchange rate)

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which currency to take?

It is not true that you will pay the same amount of euro and usd in Seychelles. Euro is the most used currency in Seychelles but this does not mean that you can not come with usd. Anyway you will have to change some euro/usd in SCR because there are places where you can not pay in foreign currency (some restaurants for example). The exchange rates for today at Cash Plus are:

1 EUR = 16.35 SCR

1 USD = 12.00 SCR

Miki

New Delhi, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which currency to take?

So you mean.. place who accept euros will also accept dollars? Would rated be listed in both currencies?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which currency to take?

Normally they accept all hard currencies and they will make the conversion in usd if you have only usd. Small shops accept only local currency.

Miki

4. Re: Which currency to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:16