We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Hi,

We're planning our first trip to Seychelles for second week of September to celebrate anniversary. We were intially planning on spending our 6 nights in Labriz given the better beaches on property. I'm now wondering if we should split our time with Northolme and have a chance to visit Mahe/Victoria and other beaches.

Would you recommend an even split of time or 4 nights in Labriz? I'm also worried that we might be missing out a different aspect of Seychelles by not going to Praslin or La Digue.

Help!

Thanks!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Hi,

You should first ask Hilton Northolme if they will continue building the new villas after 01.09 or they will be ready at the end of August. I don't think that you want to have your anniversary spoiled by construction noise. Hilton Northolme has a nice setting, good snorkeling but beach is the smallest I know among 5 star hotels. So you have to set your priorities. If you want a long white powder beach HN isn't a choice and on the contrary Labriz is. If you want to discover Mahe and you do not care about the quality and length of the beach then you need to stay around 5 days on Mahe and other 4 on Labriz. For La Digue you can do a day trip from Labriz or HN, being cheaper if you leave from Mahe.

Miki

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Thanks for the quick reply, Miki!

Given that we only have a total of 6 nights to work with, should we do just one night at HN and the 5 nights at Labriz? We would spent the day exploring Victoria/Mahe and take the late ferry the next day. I would prefer doing 4 nights at Labriz and 2 at HN, but Labriz has a promotion for a minimum of 5 nights, so it makes it more compelling to stay 5 nights there.

Are day trips to La Digue that much farther from Labriz? They look pretty spread out on the map? Can you give an indication of length of ferry ride and perhaps cost of a day tour? Or would we just be on our own? It seems important to get of the Labriz island and see other parts of the country, no?

Thanks so much!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Hi Batoota

Would a hilton Hotel by your only option? If not I'd recommend staying in Beau Vallon at either the Savoy or Le Meridian, I loved the stretch of beach!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

Since you have only 6 days you should decide if you want to explore Mahe and La Digue more than 2 days. In this case you should stay less at Labriz and more on Mahe at Ephelia if you want a more quiet hotel or at Savoy if you like a more animated beach. Seychelles has plenty of attractions to offer and even if you split the holiday between Mahe and Praslin you will not be able to see everything. La Digue trip from Labriz is expensive - around 300 euro per person and the trip is around 1h 40 minutes. Labriz is perfect for relaxation, hiking and food so if you want more tranquility explore Mahe for one day and La Digue also and enjoy a peaceful holiday the rest of 4 days on Silhouette Island.

Miki

5. Re: First time- Hilton Labriz/Northolme split?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16