We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How expensive are the Seychelles?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
How expensive are the Seychelles?

Hi,

I know the Seychelles are not cheap, but would like to have an idea of how expensive it is indeed. I've been to the Mauritius, and didn't find that over the top. Are prices in the Seychelles similar? Are some islands cheaper than others? I know this is probably quite vague, but I would just like to have an idea of how much I need to spend on a meal, for instance.

I'm not necessarily looking for budget accomodation, but wouldn't like to spend € 100.00 and find myself in an awfull hotel. Do you need to spend a lot more than that to stay in a decent sea front hotel?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
494 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How expensive are the Seychelles?

Hello!

Seychelles are more expensive than Mauritius, but the islands are stunning and with really amazing beaches. The main 3 islands Mahe, Praslin and La Digue are offering some very expensive hotels, but also cheaper hotels and guesthouses. I can suggest you Hanneman Holiday Residence on Mahe, Le Duc de Praslin, Les Villas d'Or, Aquario guesthouse or something like that on Praslin and Cocotier du Rocher, La Reapire Boutique hotel, La Digue Island Lodge and a couple of nice guesthouses on La Digue.

There are also some private islands like North or Fregate with a luxurious hotel, but they are very expensive.

Have a nice day!

Uros

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How expensive are the Seychelles?

Ok, thanks for your advice. I will look these up now.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How expensive are the Seychelles?

It's impossible to spend 100 euro per night in Seychelles since there are no hotels in this price range. Only guesthouses and villas offer rooms for 100 euro per night or less. So you should first build a budget and then I can give you good options for your budget price range. For a decent seafront hotel prices start from 130 euro per night (Coral Strand) and can climb the sky if you want to stay in a 5 star resort.

Miki

Edited: 07 August 2014, 18:28
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How expensive are the Seychelles?

Agree with Mikiduta.

100 EUR per night is very little for Seychelles.

Staying in 4* hotels is usually +/- 400 EUR with breakfast.

M.

5. Re: How expensive are the Seychelles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16