We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

We are going in November and we are not sure which one to go for. Quite like the villa factor of Hilton and the approachable fb price of it but I am put off that is not in Mahe and for us to do excursions from Silhouette might be a bit more difficult. Constance looks like SS is better than JS not only because of size but because of beach location. Has anyone stayed in these two hotels and can comment on the spa, food, accommodation, facilities and excursions offered?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,774 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

I stayed in both and definitely if you are looking for a deserted island with lots of hiking trails close to the hotel I would choose Labriz. Also food and service was better in Labriz with more varieties of creole food and seafood than Ephelia. Ephelia has the advantage of being on the main island, but you definitely need a car to explore it. The location of Ephelia is quite far (in Seychellois terms) from Victoria, Beau Vallon or Anse Takamaka. Trips to nearby islands are much cheaper from Mahe than from Silhouette. Mahe can be discovered also from Silhouette, if you stay for at least 5 days you get a transfer free to Mahe but not on your arrival/departure days. If you want a very active holiday I would choose Ephelia, if you want a more peaceful and laidback holiday you should choose Labriz.

Miki

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Many thanks for your advice. Did you stay in a SS in Constance Ephelia or JS? I read that north beach is better. Hilton I quite liked the fact that u have one little beachfront villa.

In Mahe which travel agency would you recommend please for day trips and excursions? Do you have a taxi number you used as well?

Many thanks for your advice

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,774 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

I stayed in a senior suite because the North Beach is much better than The South which is visited from time to time by the locals which drink and leave their bottles behind. Agri Tours is the best company I have used in Mahe. As taxi driver I use Allen Esparon, tel. 002482714890, email: allenesparon@gmail.com

Miki

London
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Many thanks for all your help. Best regards

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Hi,

We (me and my man) intend to go to Labriz/ Silhouette. We wre wondering if there are also some other restaurants/ places tomeat/ places to buy food in the islad, close to the Hilton resort?

We do like to try local food, so think of half board, but not sure on the alternatives?

What about drinks? Water etc.

I have heard they can be really expensive.

Thx, so much, K

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
493 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Hello!

You can try Grann Kaz restaurant.

Uros

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Hi,

Hilton Labriz is a beautiful property and is worth the trip.

Quite secluded with quality facilities.

Plan your trip well, since the boat connection between Sihouette and Mahe is not regular, or very early in the morning if you catch early flight. May have to stay the night before your departure on Mahe.

M.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Hu, thx for the reply. How expensive is Gran Kazz? K

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,774 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

There are no restaurants on Silhouette other than the ones owned by Hilton. Grann Kaz is at least as expensive as Portobello and Sakura. I advise you to go for HB otherwise you will pay for a dinner with 2 courses without drinks at least 50 euro per person. HB gives you the possibility to choose the restaurant; only the japanese restaurant Teppanyaki is not part of HB basis.

Miki

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Constance Ephelia or Hilton labriz

Thx for replies and advuce. Can you buy i.e fruits etc on the island? Or Hilton again?:)