We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing suggestions for evening meals

nkf
NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Packing suggestions for evening meals

I am going on a great trip to Phinda Mountain Lodge, Simbambili lodge, Royal Livingstone Hotel, Soussusvlei Mountain Lodge and a few safari camps in Botswana. Due to flying our luggage has to be quite light. We are trying to decide what clothing we will need for dinners. Do any of the guests dress more formally or is casual clothing the norm? Thanks for any info.

manchester
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing suggestions for evening meals

I have visited Simbambili and Phinda Forest lodge in May. Most people dressed casually for the evening meal, they are not places that expect formal dress. You get time to go back to your room and shower and change into clean clothes after the evening game drives.

There is no need to take lots of clothes, especially when you will be moving on (presumably) every 3/4 days so no-one will see you wearing the same thing over :-)

To give you an idea of what we took specifically for the evenings: For me, 3 nice lightweight tops, 2 cardigans, 2 pairs of trousers and 1 skirt. My husband took a couple of pairs of pants and 3 smartish t-shirts. We also used these for our outward and inward journey to save space. We also took advantage of the laundry service and made sure that before we left each place we had clean clothes for the next lodge.

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. Enjoy :-)

2. Re: Packing suggestions for evening meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:18