We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sani Pass tour??

Illinois
Level Contributor
310 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sani Pass tour??

Hello,

We will be arriving at Sani Pass around 2:30 - 3:00pm and need someone to drive us to the top to spend the night. We are being told the latest we can leave is noon and the cost will be R3,000.00.

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper tour to the top?

All the other tours I have found leave at 9:30am and stay for the whole day.

We just want to go up, look at the view a bit, eat dinner, sleep and come back down.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Many, many thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
851 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sani Pass tour??

3,000 Rand???

How are you getting to the Sani Pass? If you have your own 4WD, or are renting one, you could drive up yourself.

I went through a small tour group located in Durban, and it was part of a larger trip into the Drakensberg; they subcontracted to a guy who took us up in his jeep. We only stayed the afternoon then came back down, but it was great. There's not a hell of a lot to see up there...

The place I went through is Tekwini Eco Tours. Maybe they can offer some suggestions as to local Lesotho operators. http://www.tekweniecotours.co.za/

Lesotho is spectacular. Check out my photos!

Illinois
Level Contributor
310 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sani Pass tour??

Majnuni,

Yeah, R3000!! That's what we thought!

We will have a rental, but not 4X4. Don't really want to drive a 4X4, and pay higher fee, the whole time, just to make 1 quick trip up the Pass.

I will check out the group you've suggested.

I've gathered there's not a lot to do and we're not hikers or bird-watchers so I'm sure we won't want to stay up there very long if we're not going late in the day to spend the night. Just want to see the gorgeous scenery and be able to say we've been there, done that.

Many thanks!!!!

3. Re: Sani Pass tour??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 09:21