We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay.

denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay.

Hi.

We are 4 people, me and my wife and my two daughters (15 and 19 years).

Our two daughters want to snorkel dive (looking at prety fishes) and stay at a nice sandy beach.

Me and my wife like walking and looking at the nature.

We all want to see some animals.

Where is the perfect place to stay?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay.

Hi,

You would have to give us more details regarding the number of days you have available and the time of year you wish to visit South Africa. You could then split your time between various places and thereby accommodate your whole family.

denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay.

2 weeks.

July/august

denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay.

We just want to stay in one or two places.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay.

What about splititng your holiday?

1 week somewhere near Maputo in Mozambique?

1 week near the Kruger.

So you could have a 1 week safari and 1 week diving/snorkeling near maputo

see: www.aatravel.co.za/mozambique/diving.html

and for your S.A/Kruger stay see somewhere like Hazyview see: wheretostay.co.za/mp/…hazyview.php

Maputo to Hazyview is a nice drive through the park too. In at Crocodile bridge and out at Phabeni gate.

Just a thought.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay.

Hi Animaltown,

It will be very difficult to find the perfect place to stay as animals are found in the Kruger National Park area and beautiful fish along the Kwazulu Natal Coast.

That is a very long distance.

Suggest you spend one week in the Park (refer www.bushbreaks.co.za) and one week on the coast as it might be cold and wet in the Western Cape (winter).

You may want to post the same question on the Kwazulu Natal forum where persons who are knowledgeable in snorkel diving might be able to help. Pretty fish are found in the Indian Ocean.

Good luck.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay.

You might want to try St. Lucia in northern kwazulu natal. It is a world heritage site with great diving spots nearby like sodwana. If you have time try not to miss the kruger. For the winter months I would suggest you stay out of the western cape as it is mostly very cold, windy and rainy, although these past three weeks have been lovely.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay.

http://www.divesouthafrica.co.za/

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay.

I agree that the place to snorkel is off the KZN coast. The warm waters of the Indian Ocean are usually around 20+ degrees celcius a this time of year. As for there being no game viewing in KZN - rubbish. Hluhluwe has the big five and good parks board accommodation. Tembe is also good. Phinda has some of the best accommodation in a private game lodge in SA, good game viewing and an ecologically sound business structure. We come to KZN regularly and love it.

Having said that, don't forget to have a look to see what Kenya has to offer! The Masai Mara combined with Watamu or Mombasa would also give you great game viewing (in my opinion better than the Kruger) and the Indian Ocean is warmer and teaming with life in the shallow waters behind the coral reefs.

9. Re: Where to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:20