We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation with elephant rides included

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hello,

Next year in july/august we're going for a long trip to south africa with our 10 year old daughter. We are still planning where to go.

I'm looking for a accomodation somewhere in SA which includes elepant rides. Max rate would be 200 ZAR p.p. (all inclusive).

I already know about Jabulani camp and Elephand Safari Lodge in Addo park.

Thank you very much!

REgards Maria

Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hi,

I know Kapama lodge www.kapama.co.za, but 200 Zar is 18 € ...

bye Cristina

London, England
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hi Maria,

If you plan to take in the Garden Route, the Elephant Sanctuary in Knysna will accommodate you in some lovely rooms above the elephants' boma so you can not only ride them and interact with them, you can watch them from a window in your bedroom or from the open gallery during the night, they also let you go down and give the baby ellies their bottle feed before they put them to bed - it's a great experience. Take a look at their website. Regards.

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hi there,

I was going to Addo anyway, so now we will defenatly stay a night at Knysma Elephant park, wouldn't want to miss that for the world.

Thanks for the tips!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hi Salsameisje,

I think you have to be a little more realistic with your budget. R200 pppn all inclusive?? Just for example, I have had a look at the Knysna Elephant Park website - they show that entry fee is R160 per adult and children R83 - an elephant ride is R682 per adult and R330 per child and that is before you start paying for accommodation and food !!

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Hi there,

It was just a typing mistake I meant 2000 ZAR, otherwise I would probably end up sleeping in my car, hahaha

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

Right. R200 is not likely to be enough. I was at Botlierskop last week - charming small reserve with elephant rides - http://botlierskop.co.za/content/view/19/58/ Why not check with them for prices? This is very near Mossel Bay - accommodation in huge, elegant tents.. including a couple especially for parents & children.

7. Re: Accomodation with elephant rides included

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 05:19