We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mumbai
3 posts
Save Topic
15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

Hello travel enthusiast,

Please help me here, I am planning a 15 day honeymoon trip to South Africa and am planning my itinerary. I want to cover all the best spots and the trip to be a mix of adventure, natural beauty and romance.

Can anyone please recommend or give me a ready travel plan in case someone has already made a similar trip.

Many thanks to everyone here :)

-KK

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

Have you heard of the football World Cup?

You might want to do some research.

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

I have :) It gets over mid-july. I plan to go after that.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

Hi,

15 days..I would do the following

* Sabi Sands private game reserve (adjactent to Kruger)

* Vic Falls (Zambia side)

* Cape Town

South Africa is an amazing place and there is just so much to see and do..so if you only have 15 days..thats what I would do (and have done for my honeymoon in 2008 and we are heading back this year in June to see Cape Town as we did Mauritius instead)

Happy to help if you have need it :)

Enjoy!!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

My #1 Honeymoon iinerary usually starts with a good airport hotel for the night my clients arrive in Johannesburg - since many use flights that come in from the US in the late afternoon. Then fly to Sabi Sand Reserve for 4 nights ( some very good deals in July).

Then fly to Cape Town and in an 8-night span, stay in the Winelands, and stay over near Gansbaai where the shark cage diving operations are, then to perhaps the Cape Grace hotel in Cape Town booking their Ultimate Romance package. There are a couple of pay-for-3-stay-4 deals in this plan.

Victoria Falls could come at the end - or be put first, actually. It might be too much of anti-climax to have it last. It would normally be 2 nights.

Since you are coming from Mumbai - does either of you have any interest in the center of Indian life in South Africa? That would be Durban. Otherwise, I would not include Durban.

And it's possible to reverse that itinerary as well. I have 2 sets going in a few weeks, and one starts with safari, the other starts in Cape Town. July, to mention one weather note, is generally not a month to include beach activities.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Edited: 22 March 2010, 05:36
SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

I think for us to answer your question, it's important to know your budget. There are various ways of traveling through South Africa - basic, moderate, luxury - depends on your preference and your budget!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

6. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 14:05
Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,113 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

Hi Simone

A piece of advice. Web links to your own commercial site is definitely not allowed in TA forums. If you want a commercial link you pay for it and it appears in the top section of appropriate forum pages. The Administrators may now remove your post above.

Your itinerary sounds pretty ultimate luxury and seems to have been something you have set up before. So excluding flights to get to SA, but including all the charter flights you recommend - as a commercial agent, could you give an aproximate idea of the all-in cost of this for two people on honeymoon?

Edited: 22 March 2010, 12:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

Thnaks for the advice. I did not realise you could not add a link. I will make sure I don't do it again. Thanks.

9. Re: 15 Days South Africa in July - HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:18