We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kgalagadi TP 2 wd travelling

Italy
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Topic
Kgalagadi TP 2 wd travelling

We rent a sedan car at the beginning in August (Toyota Yaris sedan) and head straghtforward to Kgalagadi. In what condition is the major road between Twee Rivieren and Nossob? I know it might be difficult to spot the wildlife due to the vehicle low clearance but is this trip physically possible in a 2 WD and what problems might there be? I would not like to ruin the car on our first day on vacation- Thank you

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kgalagadi TP 2 wd travelling

Its perfectly fine to do this in a 2WD - the road is just very corrugated so you get rattled around a lot. They grade the road pretty often, so how good it is depends on when last it was graded. If its rains you might be in trouble, but I think August is still dry season.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kgalagadi TP 2 wd travelling

The first thing you are asked to do when entering the park is to reduce the tyre pressure. This helps a bit with the corrugations. Dont expect to travel more than 30km/h.

3. Re: Kgalagadi TP 2 wd travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 07:34