We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

Hi friends,

i am planning to travel Kruger national park in Sep/Oct 2010,

- anyone knows how to get there?

- and does it have any flights directly from Singapore to airport near kruger National park? i mean don’t need take one more flight / long hours train after that.

- How long does it take to travel just in kruger National park? 3days or 5,6 ....

- is it dangerous

thanks much

summer

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

There’s no direct flight from Singapore to Kruger. You will have to transit via Johannesburg.

SQ flies direct to Johannesburg ( approx 10+ hrs flying time ).

You have the option to -

1. Take the connecting flight to Nelspruit / or KMIA and self drive from there or,

2. Drive from Johannesburg to Kruger . I guess, it’s approx 6-7 hrs drive to Kruger. SQ arrival time in JNB is 7AM, so if you can drive you have ample time to reach Kruger before it gets dark.

Hope this helps.

Shailender

Singapore

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

Hi Summer, great to hear you are planning to visit the Kruger National Park! It is very easy to get to, but there are no direct flights from Singapore to an airport near Kruger. You would fly to Johannesburg, and then you have two main options from there - either fly to Nelspruit, the nearest major airport to Kruger, or you can travel by road to Kruger. It takes about 5 hours from Johannesburg to Kruger Park by road. Some guided safaris depart from Johannesburg. You can also rent a car and drive yourself to Kruger. If you prefer to fly to the nearest airport, the flight to Nelspruit takes about 45 minutes and can be booked on www.flysaa.com.

How long can you drive around for inside Kruger? As long as you want to. If you want to drive every single road, it would take weeks. Kruger is huge and it is not possible to see all of Kruger on one visit. How long you wish to stay depends on available time and budget. Most first time visitors stay for 3 to 5 days, which is a nice length of time. If you have more time available, you can spend 3 or 4 days in the Kruger Park itself, and then combine it with a couple of nights at a private game lodge adjacent to Kruger, like in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, for a slightly different safari experience. When I go to Kruger with my own family, we like to go a bit longer, perhaps a week or ten days.

Is it dangerous? No. Stick to the rules and you will have no problems (for example don't get out of your vehicle, don't feed the animals). The animals are used to vehicles, but they are not used to humans on foot. Crime is also not a concern in the Kruger National Park.

I hope this answers your questions, enjoy your trip!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

Many thanks for friend's reply!!!

4. Re: nearest airport to Kruger national park from Singapore???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 06:16