We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Cape Town

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Cape Town

I am hoping someone can recommend a great spot for breakfast in and around Cape Town.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,263 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Cape Town

Dozens of great breakfast places around Cape Town. Some of which provide wonderful (and wonderful value) breakfasts.

But if the emphasis is on the "spot" as well as the breakfast here are a few of my favourites :

The Silvertree Restaurant in Kirstenbosch gardens. Wonderful views of the side of Table Mountain with the gardens in front of you.

Rhodes Memorial Restaurant. Closer to the city on the flank of the mountain and looking across to the Stellenbosch Mountains.

Bistro 1682 at Steenburg Wine Estate in Constantia. Stunning contempary venue in the vineyards. Have a glass (or two) of the 1682 best bubbly with your breakfast.

For Sunday Morning you could always look at the famous Jazz Brunches at the Winchester Mansions on the front at Sea Point.

Blowfish at Bloubergstrand. Fairly standard Breakfast Buffet but stunning views across the bay to Table Mountain.

Then you could just get an early Cable Car up Table Mountain and have Breakfast on the terrace of the cafe at the top. Surveying the world!

Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Cape Town

La Petite Tarte!

I ate here in February --- a couple times --- and reviewed it for TA in March, after my return home.

I now see someone else has reviewed it and called it the best breakfast in Cape Town. Try it and you'll see why.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Cape Town

Thank you both so much for the great suggestions - I will be in CT for a few days and will now just have to try out all of your recommendations!

Thanks again LuLu

4. Re: Breakfast in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 06:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now