We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

Singapore
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

Hi All

We are traveling to SA theend of October and amongst other things we will be donig a Safari. We are currently deciding on a Kruger Safari or the SABI SANDS safari. At the moment we thing SABI is the best? has anyone any feedback on SABI Safaris? as this is a once in a life time trip we really want to make sure we get the best out of our holiday. Any other suggestions welcome also.

thanks

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

Hi - Not quite enough information. Is Sabi Safari the name of a company? The Sabi Sand Reserve is a large piece of land that is next to the Kruger Park, and is well known for the quality of its lodges, and the good wildlife experiences. Please tell us more about what you are considering - with some real details..

Singapore
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

Hi Mate

Below is what i recevied from our agent.

3 Day Fly-in Sabi Sand Safari for 4 adults sharing two chalet = R 30,464.00 in total.

What is included in the safari price?

Everything is included:

Semi-luxury chalet accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Morning, Afternoon & Night 'off road' game viewing drives, Swimming Pool, Walking Safaris after breakfast, Travel through rural/tribal villages, FGASA & DEAT registered Safari Ranger guides, Reserve entrance fees, Conservation levy, Collection & drop off at Kruger Mpumalanga Int Airport.

There are no hidden extras.

Excluded: International flights, Panoramic Route, internal flights, drinks, curios and personal expenses!

For your itinerary click on the following link www.openvehiclesafaris.com/sabi-sand-3day.htm

It is important to note:

1) This safari tour is carried out with a Safari Ranger guide and not with just a tour guide or a driver guide.

2) All our tours are carried out with no more than 10 persons per vehicle. Small groups ensure a more personal, private safari.

3) The morning, afternoon and night 'off road' open vehicle game viewing drives, are safely carried out in open 4x4 Land Rover vehicles, by your ranger & tracker.

4) The Sabi Sands is world-renowned for its Leopard sightings. Completely wild Leopards have become accustomed to the open game drive vehicles permitting us to follow them through the bush even whilst they are hunting.

5) Flying-out does not include the Panoramic Route on the last day but extends your time in the Sabi Sands. We will make sure you leave the reserve in time for you to catch your flight out. In our 12 year ex

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

R2,500.00 per person per day sounds reasonable.

Just check the lodge yourself and you may get a better deal direct (does not have to be).

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

Hi there,

Sounds like you are going to be on safari in the Sabi Sand Reserve, so yes, a great choice.

I have no hesitation in saying that the lodges of this reserve offer possibly the best Big 5 game viewing opportunities to be found on the continent, and provide an unforgettable experience. Lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo are all regular sightings (ALTHOUGH I do hasten to add ... the animals are of course wild so NOTHING can be guaranteed) ... but on my very first ever game drive here, I saw the Big 5 in the first drive, and the last time I was there, over the course of 7 nights I saw over 20 DIFFERENT leopards ... so not bad really !!!

The land is privately owned, so the game viewing vehicles are not restricted to the road network and it is therefore possible for the experienced guides to follow the wildlife through the bush and to get extremely close to the animals - so bags of photo opportunities !

It might be worth while however asking your agent WHICH lodge you are going to so you can look it up - and compare prices, as Klaus says !!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

I agree that the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve offers exceptional big 5 game viewing!

I can never quite understand why agents send potential clients itineraries/quotes, without specifying which lodge/establishments are included? The Sabi Sand is a very big reserve with more than 30 lodges in it. Ask your agent to be more specific.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

6. Re: Sabi Sand Safari - is this a good option to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 07:15