We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks to all experts and contributors!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks to all experts and contributors!

Well, my wife and I are departing for our 3-week 'dream' vacation to SA in about 17 days and I just wanted to thank everyone for the informative postings over the past few months.

Through reading TA back in January I selected the person I entrusted with our precious itinerary (Tanya Kotze of Africa Direct) and she has done a great job fulfiling our requests, I think. Since then I have been checking in here regularly picking up dozens of fantastic tips from everyone who has posts in this forum.

We are spending 4 nights in CT then 2 nights each in Hermanus, Oudtshoorn, Knysna and Hazyview; 4 nights at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge then finishing off with 2 nights at Toka Ley Camp near Victoria Falls.

Thanks to all of you, I've a list of restaurants as long as my arm, I've got (I think) the 'perfect' wardrobe for all eventualities, armed with a course of Malarone for the malaria-areas and a list of must-see sights that we will probably only be able to scratch the surface of.

Sincerely, thanks to everyone who contributes constructively to this forum. I do notice that so many of the same questions are asked repeatedly and you Experts seem to have infinite patience with your answers (rather than just 'Do a search!'). ;)

The only thing I can offer in return is a trip report when I get back - and that is what I will provide.

Once again, many, many thanks for helping make what we hope is a trip-of-a-lifetime. We are SO excited!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks to all experts and contributors!

All I can say is "enjoy" - I am absolutely certain you will.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks to all experts and contributors!

Have a great time, and please share your trip report with us when you return

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks to all experts and contributors!

O M G, a trip report!!!!!!!!!!!

We now have to really be careful with your stay!!! LOL

Have a great one and looking forward to meeting you soon!

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks to all experts and contributors!

Better get that red carpet cleaned, Klaus!! ;}

5. Re: Thanks to all experts and contributors!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 05:45