We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,682 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

Do the Domestic flights use the same baggage claim carousels as the other Domestic airlines?

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

Hi Dave, if I understand your question correctly, yes they do. There are about 8 carousels at Domestic arrivals. Occasionally when it is very busy they may combine bags for two flights on the same carousel at the same time. And my bag always seems to come out last.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

Dave

Which airport are you talking about?

Although I don't think there is anywhere that SAA had different arrival facilities.

JNB, CPT and DUR (King Shaka) all have new baggage handling facilities. They now mostly have big snaking carousels which do quite often have different flights on them at the same time.

Most of the other airports only have a single carousel - or two at the most.

Edited: 28 October 2010, 22:16
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,682 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

Fast writing, slow thinking. Good guess, Onne. I was asking about JNB.

Thanks,

4. Re: SAA Domestic flights Arrivals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 06:46