We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

NYC
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

If so how was your experience? Would you recommend them? Can you suggest a USA tour operators. Thanks.

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

Hi Rayhe,

Africa Adventure Company is a really good safari operator. They are based in Florida. They are one of our top competitors here in the USA and they do great work. I have met the two owners, Mark and Alison, on several occasions and Mark writes a great book called Africa’s Top Wildlife Countries. As an industry insider, I can highly recommend them. If you are looking for a company in NYC perhaps consider http://2afrika.com/ as well.

Craig Beal – owner – Travel Beyond

NYC
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

Thanks for the feed back Craig. Much appreicated.

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

My pleasure.

Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

I've been emailing with them (from my home in Italy) for the last few weeks. They have been incredibly helpful and responsive. I'm planning to take a 10-day safari with them in November if all goes as planned!

Scott, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

I'm adding my recent experience with Africa Adventure to keep this Forum Topic up to date. AAC is FABULOUS! We've just returned from a two week trip they arranged for us; to make it more evident of their expertise, they arranged our "fun" trip around my husband's work schedule.

Kyle Witten was our main contact; he had just returned from South Africa. A couple of things to note: AAC is not just out to make money; they are invested in South Africa and support lots of humanitarian work there, along with animal preservation. Second, they (and I mean ALL of the staff) visit the establishments every year that they recommend and use. They know the lodge owners and know what's going on at the establishments. Third, the owner has several published books, one in its 8th addition. And fourth, they have rec'd numerous awards from the travel industries and South Africa's tourism boards. Check out their website.

One thing is sure...we will safari again. Another thing is sure...we will use only Africa Adventure Company to arrange the trip.

Becky Haaland

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

We, too, had an excellent experience using Africa AdventureCompany in August/September 2012 and ended up working with several of their staff. My husband and I travelled alone to Botswana, Zimbabwe, and South Africa on our first trip ever to Southern Africa. Everything went smoothly and we loved it so much, esp. The walking safaris in Zimbabwe, that we are seriously considering a second trip.

BTW, not traveling in a group was not more expensive than going solo and it allowed us to plan an itinerary for exactly the places we wanted to visit. Mark Nolting's book really helped with that.

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

Yes my daughter and I used AAC last year to visit Cape Town and Vic Falls and 6 nights safari in Botswana. It was absolutely great. We did not take one of their tours but had them arrange a custom plan for us and it was perfect. Our experience could not have been better from the planning to the execution everythign was taken care of, including special, unexpected assistance in Africa. You cannot possibly go wrong using AAC!!!

Avondale...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

Yes, we used AAC for a 12-day safari in Tanzania in 2011. We gave them some ideas of the national parks we wanted to visit, and they did the rest. The places we stayed were great, and we saw tons of animals. (We went in early September - it was dry!). They were very responsive and helpful during the planning process, and were just really on top of everything and wanted to make sure that we got the experience we wanted. And we most certainly did! The trip was what is was (fantastic!), though, because of our guide, Jeff Millinga. He was really great! He was incredibly knowledgeable, great at spotting wildlife and birds, friendly, and just a really great person. We spent our entire trip with him, and we just thoroughly enjoyed it because of him. If you spend any part of your trip in Tanzania, ask for Millinga....he's awesome!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

The Africa Adventure Company was top notch. We just went on a two week safari Sept. 2012 and the planning could not have been better. Their planning and recommendations of lodges was spot on. On our first safari we saw animals that people sometimes don't see for years. I would recommend them highly. They listened to what we wanted to see and structured the perfect trip for us without bankrupting us. We stayed in luxury accommodations and had great care at each step of our trip.

Lima
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used "Africa Adventure Company"

This year I decided to go to Africa for a real Safari, visit the Victoria Falls and learn about the African culture. I contacted The Africa Adventure Company. I want to congratulate Jessica Fraser because she designed me a tour that fits with me and when I had any doubts she instantly answered me. Unfortunately I could not make the trip because of work. But when I have some time to do it I will contact this agency. I love the excelent work she do for me.