We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

Hi everyone,

Sorry to put this up here, but I'm trying quite desperately to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve. I have a confirmed booking with Lion Sands River Lodge which I made last year in October. I was corresponding with one of their reservation agents who also told me that I could only book an airport transfer when I have my flight details. Fast forward nine months, I now have my flight details and wish to book the airport transfer, but when I emailed the same agent the email bounced right back. I then tried the email address on their website, res@lionsands.com, but got no answer. I've tried various other email addresses I could think of, to both Lion Sands and More Hotels, but have got no response whatsoever. In all I've sent about a dozen emails, two-thirds of which have bounced back. Would anyone have a working email address of someone at Lion Sands, please? I'm at my wits' end.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

try this: res@morehotels.co.za

or: Skype: ElmariatMoreHotels

Mark September

Small World Tours

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

If this doesn't work just telephone - 011 13 735 5000 from the USA.

There will be someone on the desk at least 18 hours a day so there is lots of time zone overlap.

International calling nowadays are cheap even if you don't have Skype or other VOIP based system.

I always confirm bookings by phone wherever I make them - better chance of gettuing a discount!

BTW renting a car and driving to Lion Sands will nearly always be much cheaper than booking two way transfer with the lodge. Even if you leave the car sitting doing nothing for three or four days. Then you also have the car for fitting in a few hours around the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and the Panorama Route - either on the way to the Lodge or back to the Airport.

Edited: 31 July 2011, 09:40
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

Mark, thank you, that was one of the email addresses that I tried. It didn't bounce back, but I got no reply. Am now trying to use the Skype contact you posted; the contact request is still pending.

VDC, thank you, I will call them if there is really no other choice (I'm terrible at phone conversations and hate making calls). Also thank you for your very good advice regarding car rental - that's exactly what I've done for some other portions of our trip, but for this leg someone will be picking us up from Lion Sands so the one-way cost of car rental makes it not worth while. However I really must say that your various posts on car hire have been extremely helpful, and I got pretty good deals from a car broker website!

Hope I get through to Lion Sands soon...

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

There has been quite some cable theft in Hazyview in the last weeks which may have happened in the area as well. Without Telkom cable most people also do not have internet access and therefore no access to mails and skype.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

Klaus, that's terrible about the theft! If I don't get a reply from them on Skype, I'll just have to give them a call. Thanks for the info.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

You could also try to book a transfer yourself. I have used Mfafa in the past and they were fine. Here is their e-mail adddress: tours@mfafa.co.za

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

Thanks for that SA-Guide! :-) I will check them out.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

There is no problem with their phone line. I just phoned 30secs ago and got straight through! (001) 13 735 5000

9. Re: Trying to reach Lion Sands Game Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 19:16