We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from the KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area????

Sherkston, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from the KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area????

We will be travelling up from KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area - it looks to be a 9.5hr drive that we will break up with an overnight stay - but where????

I realize a shorter route is to go through Swaziland but that is not something we think we want to do - but don't really know why perhaps additional immunization required but need to confirm.

Please advise me of an area that would be nice to spend the night when travelling from the Hazyview area to the St. Lucia area. If you know of a great stop over in Swaziland please advise me as well in case I change my mind.

Is this a safe drive from up by Kruger into KZN area???

Any advice is welcomed!

Karen & Rob

Niagara Falls Ontario

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from the KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area????

Swaziland is definitely the best route. The main N2 road in South Africa, as far south as Pongola, is currently undergoing major upgrade and is a nightmare for still probably a year or two.

Swaziland the roads are fine and you definitely don't need extra immunizations.

For overnight you could look at Mlilwane National Park www.biggameparks.org/3parks_mlilwane.html

Or, if you want luxury, one of the big tourist hotels along the road between Mbabane and Mlilwane. suninternational.com/Destinations/Resorts/Ro…

Edited: 03 January 2012, 06:52
Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from the KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area????

Swaziland is a very beautiful country with very friendly people. Roads are in excellent condition and border crossings are no problem.

3. Re: Travel from the KNP Hazyview area to KZN St. Lucia area????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 10:30