We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a lodge in Kruger

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
76 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing a lodge in Kruger

We are a family of four ( kids ages 6 and 16) planning to visit Kruger in December. We shortlisted to two parks We got quotes from Londolozi (Sabi Sands) and Ngala safari lodge and waitlisted at the Sabi Sabi Bush lodge.

Ngala is the cheapest among the three. Any recommendations on which of the three we should select? If we choose Ngala, do we miss anything from not going to the other two. All advice will be greatly appreciated.

vidya

Mentioned in this post
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
548 Reviews
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
Mytmoss
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing a lodge in Kruger

Londolozi is far superior to Ngala lodge. I feel that the both the lodge and game viewing are far better. Londolozi also has a maximum of 6 people per vehicle which is preferable to a big crowd.

Also Londo is great for kids, they have lots of activities there. I would also choose it over Sabi Sabi (and have many times).

Mike

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing a lodge in Kruger

All 3 the options you have mentioned are great and will give your family a wonderful safari experience! It's actually unfair to compare Ngala Safari Lodge with the other 2 lodges - as you said, it is a much cheaper option, and should therefore rather be compared to lodges within the same price range. As a more affordable option on a big 5 safari, I feel that Ngala Safari Lodge is one of the best options out there, and all of the clients I have sent there have loved every minute of their safari.

The more expensive lodges of Londolozi and Sabi Sabi are both excellent and rate among the best safari lodges in South Africa. You can't go wrong with either of them, and if you are able to stretch your budget, then yes, I would most definately recommend that you go to one of them. If however your budget cannot stretch that far, then you can rest assured that you will have a wonderful time at Ngala!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Mentioned in this post
Cupertino...
Level Contributor
76 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing a lodge in Kruger

Mike and Tanya

Thanks for your feedback.

regards

vidya

4. Re: Choosing a lodge in Kruger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:16