We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package Tours

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Package Tours

Has anyone heard of the Package Tours company? I like their prices but I am having a hard time finding reviews on the web.

http://www.packagetours.co.za/

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Cape Town Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Air Tours
City Sightseeing
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cape Convoy
Shark Diving, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Package Tours

Never heard of them. If there are no reviews on the web it could mean they are relative new. New tour companies spring up all the time and unfortunately 90% of them close down again within 5 years. Choosing a company that has bonding insurance may give you some peace of mind that if anything happens, you cannot lose any money you paid upfront. All SATSA members are fully bonded (and you can verify a company's membership status by contacting SATSA). For a new company without a track record, sometimes the only way they can get a foot in the door is by offering the lowest rates, undercutting established operators and hoping to lure customers that way. So I would say don't make a decision based on price alone. I would search for the company by name on Tripadvisor to see what reviews they have, and also ask for contactable references of previous clients before you book. Hope this helps.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Package Tours

Thanks for the tip. I tried to reach them before I posted this and they haven't responded. They are probably already out of business.

3. Re: Package Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:16