We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden route

jersey
6 posts
Save Topic
Garden route

We are planing to do the garden route jan2013 would like any help with tours places to stay poss car hire thanks

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden route

I see this is the 2nd time you've posted this question. You may have not received a reply as your question is too broad, suggestions are: search the web about this area & this site & then come back with specific questions.

South Africa
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden route

I agree, no indication of duration, or budget etc. so difficult to tell, more details needed. But maybe just to get you started : 2 nights at Tsitsikamma (don't know which side you are coming from PE or Cape Town) 2 nights at Knysna and 2 nights anywhere else the route (Swellendam, (inland) or Hermanus etc.

Car hire: try Budget, Avis etc

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden route

I have to agree with the details.

Be more specific:

1)How many days do you want to stay here?

2)Where will you be traveling from, Port Elizabeth or Cape Town?

3)Guest Houses, B&B or Hotel's?

4)Self Driving or with a tour operator?

5)What is your interests, hiking wildlife, nature, animals, elephants rides, etc?

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden route

Here is a pretty broad covering of the Garden Route:

nightjartravel.com/regions-towns/garden-route

Have a click through the various sections and hit us up again with specific questions once you know what you'd like to do.

On a personal note, I was there recently and did the Elephant Sanctuary, which was Amazing, and the Plett Puzzle Park, which looked like kids stuff but was actually really challenging and a lot of fun. I stayed at Bamboo Guest House, which was really really nice and I would happily go back, but it is a bit like staying in a fairy forest - not for everyone.

Let us know if you have something specific to ask :)

5. Re: Garden route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:18