We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

I will be travelling to Southern Africa in 2013. Can anyone recommend a reliable, honest tour company. I am looking for a tour company that can book hotels, internal flights, safari's, rental cars and the like. I will need good recommendations since this will be my first trip to So Africa. I will be there for about 1 month. Thanks in Advance.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

I would thoroughly recommend Africa Direct (email Tanya@africadirect.co.za). I think they may also have a representative in the USA. I have used them for several years and have always been more than happy with their knowledge, professionalism, friendliness and costs. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about them.

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

Thanks you for your suggestion. Any thoughts on Go2Africa, located in Cape Town.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

You find a lot of information on Go2Africa, so much that it sometimes feels like the only company in SA. A bit fishy to me that so many people by their own interest write on TA about their experience.

I can second bushmaniac and recommend www.africadirect.co.za strongly (not because we are getting a few bookings from them as well, before somebody tells me funny things again). It's because Tanya is very knowledgable and taylor makes tours according to interest and budget and not based on the hight of commission an establishment offers.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 09 August 2012, 19:41
California
Level Contributor
20 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

Thank you. I will contact Tanya

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
326 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

I recommend Rhinoafrica.com ... we used then for our trip in 2010 (Monique Vally to be exact) and will be using them for a return trip in a couple of years. Diane

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

I've been using a Cape Town-based travel agency to help arrange my trip next month to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Hermanus, Stellenbosch, and then to a game reserve in Sabi Sands. I've been very happy so far with all my interaction with them. Once my trip is complete in mid-September, I will come back and either provide info on why I would or would not recommend them. I fully expect to be able to recommend them though based on their helpfulness and responsiveness during the planning stage.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

Why not mentioning their name? So far you have been impressed with services. Another vote for Go2Afrika and also another positive vote for Tanya from Africa Direct.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

An error in judgement on my part; I shouldn't have posted any comment and just waited until my trip was over before posting. Yes, I'm very happy thus far, but until I've actually gone on the trip and received the product/service, I can't wholeheartedly recommend them. That said, the service I've received from Rhino Africa in planning and booking my trip including continued very good responsiveness and helpfulness since I've made final payment have me feeling positive that all will go very well when I visit your country next month. I'll come back and provide my final view in a little over a month.

Bradenton fl
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

I have used Icon expeditions. Leanne or Desiree they both came highly recommended from travelers have used them many times and my experience with them has been so wonderful... i had so many questions and so many changes in my itinerary but it never seemed to be a problem. They are African based so that seems to actually work better. I have used US based travel agents but the time difference makes it difficult sounds odd being that I live in the US. Speaking to the ones in Africa you can get in touch with them in the am and have the answers you need by noon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Companies....Any Recommendations?

Lionworld was great for us. Reasonably priced and handled all of the details.