We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport flight times

Rockport...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport flight times

Hello

My wife and I are going to do a safari at Zulu Nyala but would like to spend three or four days in Victoria Falls before hand. We saw some airfare from SA that would have us arrive in Johannesburg on a direct flight from JFK at7:45 am and then board another SA flight at 10:50am to Victoria Falls. Do you think I would have enough time to get through customs and make the 10:50 flight to Victoria Falls?

Thank you

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport flight times

Not sure you would have to clear customs. Couldn't you stay in-transit?

Edited: 11 September 2012, 04:55
Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport flight times

Hi there,

Clearing customs (when coming from New Zealand) has previously only taken me around 40 minutes. Based on that, I am sure you would be fine - But of course, it fluctuates. I have not done the above trip before, perhaps check with airline, or maybe one of our fellow Trip Advisor friends can give you some further information :-).

All the best,

Jacqui

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport flight times

The time for transit should be fine and I agree with lamlee, actually you should remain in the transit area? It also depends with which flight you are leaving Johannesburg. As we flew with 1time to Victoria Falls, we had to clear customs first. Even if you have to clear customs the time is ok.

As mentioned, depending with which airline you fly, usually you can check your luggage straight through to Victoria Falls.

Regards

Michelle from Cape Town Guide

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport flight times

Hi,

I agree with lamlee and Inyati that you should stay in transit and book your luggage through to Victoria Falls. Should your incoming flight be delayed, then it would be S.A.A.'s responsibility to rebook you. It might help to request transit assistance.

5. Re: Airport flight times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:15