We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice 15 nights: safari, garden route and wines

London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice 15 nights: safari, garden route and wines

Hi,

I have started to put together our 15 night itinerary for March this year and I would be very grateful for feedback. It is our first trip to SA so we do want to pack a lot in but also don't want to feel rushed and want to have some time to relax.

1 night: stay in Port Elizabeth as we fly in to there at lunch time.

- just relax after long flights

3 nights: Amakhala safari. already booked.

2 or 3 nights: Either Wilderness/Plettenberg/Francis Bay -I can't decide

- some time on the beach

- Tenwika wildcat adventure

- visit kynsa

- horse riding

- quad biking

- anything else?

1 night Oudetshoort

- ostrich farm

- cango caves

- meerkats

2 night Stellenbosch

- wine tasting

2 nights Franshloek

- wine tasting

3 or 4 nights Cape Town (our outbound flights is 10pm)

- table mountain

- robben island

- shark diving

- township tour

I would appreciate any feedback? I think that it may seem that we are spending a lot of time winetasting but that is a hobbie of ours.

Thanks!

Sarah

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice 15 nights: safari, garden route and wines

Sounds good to me. March is a good time.

As for the base at the Garden Route, I would say Plett. Close to Tsitsikamma, Robberg Nature Reserve (I have found it to be beautiful) and to Tenwika. There is also the "Birds of Eden" and "Monkeyland" park nearby, both of which I have found very worthwile. But with so much to do and see in the Garden Route it's your call. Have fun!!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice 15 nights: safari, garden route and wines

You have a very nice trip planned but I would Like to offer some advice.

Spend at least 3 nights in either Plettenberg Bay or Knysna as there are lots of things to see and do in the area. I would add Monkeyland and the birds of Eden, A treetop canopy tour and the featherbed experience to your list of things to do.

Maybe spend a couple of nights exploring the wine country around Robertson instead of four nights in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek as the latter are close to each other.

Add a night in Gansbaai for the shark dive before making your way to Stellenbosch or Franschhoek.

Mark September

Small World Tours

Edited: 06 January 2013, 11:39
3. Re: Itinerary Advice 15 nights: safari, garden route and wines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:17