We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

Malta
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

Hi Everyone,

so my hubby & me decided on SA for 17 days starting from 21 Mar(exciting ;o). We are 30ish and in need of an adventure. Budget is not a problem. We like to explore, drive, nature, wine, beach....you get the picture :)

We can fly to either Cape town or Johannesburg.... I've learnt that 3/4 nights are a must at Kruger National Park....but how shall I go about it?

Any replies will make my day :)

Thanks in advance

Charly from Malta

Edited: 07 January 2013, 15:25
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

I would not go for less than 3 nights/days into KNP and possibly 2 nights outside for the Panorama.

Drive out KNP in the late afternoon. Book somewhere like Hazyview for 2 nights.Enjoy one of the good restaurants. Do a day trip along the Canyon, which is a nice day tour from Hazyview. Stay the second night (I would stay at the same place to avoid the constant packing and unpacking) and the next day drive to JHB or fly from Nelspruit.

You could also turn the trip I mentioned above upside down and keep the KNP for the end and fly home from JHB.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Boston...
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

I agree with Klaus. Maximize your time in Kruger if you can. Hazyview is a good base to explore the Panorama Route and get to the airport....you can also quickly dip into Kruger (10 minutes away) if you have to.

Whether you do CT or Kruger first will depend on what you get in terms of accommodations. you are traveling during the holidays and places book up fast.

Cheers,

Heeten, Owner, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,060 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

Charlene B,

Really depends on how much safari you want, 3,4,5 days? And how much you want to do along the Panorama Route, which can be a day trip or a 1-3 day stop as well. Check out what activities are available in the area if you are thinking of visiting in a bit more of a leisurely pace. I've spend 6 days in the area in the past and have just made 1 day drive through trips during past summers.

If you opt to stay overnight, there are some good spots; namely, Hazyview, Graskop and Sabie. Hazyview is more accommodating and likely your best option.

Hope this is helpful.

Malta
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

you are all such big help.

Thank you so much :)

15. Re: BIG help with itinerary for 17 days in SA..pls pls pl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:18