We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Cambridge, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

I plan to go to South Africa in September. Can anyone suggest some good tour operators that they have used recently in the area?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Have a look at

www.africadirect.co.za

tanya@africadirect.co.za

Tanya is a regular contributor on here and receives only the best reviews and recommendations.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyvuew

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

I agree with Klaus above and highly recommend Tanya at Africa Direct. I’ve used them for the last 5 years and have never been anything less than 110% satisfied with all aspects of their service (I'm currently counting down the weeks until my 11th safari).

Tanya will customise the tour according to your requirements and your budget and, unlike some others, won't try to sell you accommodation that's way above your budget. Believe me, I have thrown her a few challenges in the past, and she's always come up with the perfect solution.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Russell Frankish at Green Bushpig Safaris (aka Bushkid0 on these forums). Travelled with them three times in the last three years and anticipating my fourth - must be doing something right! Exceptional and will accommodate and individualize to your needs.

Cambridge, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

thanks so much for the input. Will certainly check out both Tanya and Russell.

Bay City, Michigan...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

A bit late on this post, but check out Robin and Stella Mountain of Ntaba Tours based in Frankfort, KY, USA. They take you to Africa, not just send you! Worth a look.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
287 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Also try Lyndell at lawsons safaris. Very reputable company been in the business for years and Lyndell knows how to get the best on a budget.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Have a look at Southern Eagle Travel and Tours - www.southern-eagle.com

Trustworthy and reliable tour operator based in South Africa.

India
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Late on this post too. But you can check out Hylton Ross scheduled tours and Trip Management, both based in South Africa, whenever you travel next.

Trip Management helps you with accommodation and private tours. You can check out these two travel agents at www.hyltonross.co.za and www.tripmanagement.co.za. Trip Management uses Hylton Ross services (guides, tours), as and where required.

We had a great experience with both Hylton Ross (private) tours and Trip Management on our holiday in SA in November 2013.

Near the...
Level Contributor
3 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

Africa 2000 Tours is outstanding. We just used them for a hike, safari, and a trip to Zanzibar. They are based in S. Africa and the website is www.africa2000tours.co.za.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reputable and reasonable tour operators in South Africa

What about bwanadave ? He regularly and freely shares his advice (along with Tanya) here on TA.