We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help filling in my 24 day's itinerary for july/august 2013

Zoetermeer, The...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help filling in my 24 day's itinerary for july/august 2013

Kind Tripadvisors,

Me and my girlfriend ar going to travel through South Africa for 24 day's in July and August of this year. Based on everything I read, I made an itinerary. I am very curious what your opinions about this itinerary are. I numbered the day's. I placed the town where we sleep that night between brackets. As you can see, I haven't filled in every day with activities. I still miss some free or budget activities on the day's where I put down "explore ........". We won't have much money to spend on those day's so if you have any ideas of things we can do in that area without spending (loads of) money I'll be very happy!

1- Arrival at Johannesburg around 21:00 (Johannesburg )

2- Apartheidsmuseum and Constitution Hill (Johannesburg )

3- Visit Pretoria center and Premier Diamond Mine (Middelburg)

4- Travel to and through panoramaroute (Graskop)

5- Finish panoramaroute and head to safaricamp (Umkumbe Safari Lodge )

6- Safari with Umkubme (Umkumbe Safari Lodge)

7- Self-drive through Kruger (lower Sabi camp)

8- Self-drive through Kruger and head to Swaziland (Elzuwini)

9- Explore Swasiland (Elzuwini) (suggestion for cheap activity?)

10- Head to St. Lucia (St. Lucia)

11- Self drive through Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park (St. Lucia)

12- Head to Durban (Durban)

13- Explore Durban (Durban) (suggestion for cheap activity?)

14- Fly to Port Elizabeth (Port Elizabeth)

15- Explore Port Elizabeth

16- Head to Knysna (Knysna)

17- Explore Knysna (Knysna) (suggestion for cheap activity?)

18- Explore Knysna (Knysna) (Shark and whale watching?)

19- Head to Stellenbosch (Stellenbosch)

20- Visit winefarm then head to Capetown (Capetown)

21- Visit Robben-Island (Capetown)

22- Visit Capetown Peninsula National Park (Capetown)

23- Fly to Johannesburg

24- Soweto Bicycle Tour and fly to Amsterdam at 23:00

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help filling in my 24 day's itinerary for july/august 2013

Hello and I spend time in KZN and St Lucia is a great seaside town. There are estuary tours and you should have a chance of seeing humpback whales off the coast. I have been out with Advantage Tours a couple of times and have had some excellent sightings. Cape Vidal is close to St Lucia in the Wetlands Park. Other places in the area are Tembe Elephant Park which has some of Africa's biggest Tusker Elephants. Then there is also Hluhluwe-Imfolozi but as you are going to Kruger it could be too much game viewing. In Durban I just like to spend time on the beach front. I am sport fan so also go to cricket & rugby depending on the season. You can also take the cable car to the top of the new soccer stadium which gives great views.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

2. Re: Help filling in my 24 day's itinerary for july/august 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:17