We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south africa tour

kolkata
Level Contributor
26 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
south africa tour

I have been to masaimara,I want to ask is Krugar game park similar or better? Which one is better Krugar or Mabula. We want to spend 2 nights in early september.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: south africa tour

Hello, Kruger Park is 2 million hectares of varying vegetation and has hugely diverse range of animals, reptiles, birds and insects. I have had clients who had been to Masai Mara and then visited Kruger and their comment was that Kruger "was the cherry on the top". The quality of the sightings is exceptional and i reccomend the Sabie Sand area, this is considered the best game area. You may not see the huge herds in Kruger but instead of quantity, there is quality. Try Umkumbe Lodge, it offers value for money in that area. Mabula is in a different area, is much smaller and does not offer the same game viewing experience. I have been there many times and it does not compare with lodges around Kruger.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,238 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: south africa tour

Kruger National Park is neither similar, nor better than Masai Mara but it is very different .

The geography, geology, animal species, and vegetation, all differ.

Kruger Park is the size of Israel, and, although the size of herds is smaller, the variety of species is very much greater.

Kruger National Park is a very special place.

Also, historically, it is the second National Park ever to be established, in the world, after Yellowstone, in the USA.

enjoy

Edited: 28 March 2013, 07:13
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,238 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: south africa tour

Too late to edit.

personally, I would not bother with Mabula at all, it is definitely not in the same league as Kruger.

kolkata
Level Contributor
26 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: south africa tour

Thanks

kolkata
Level Contributor
26 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: south africa tour

Thank u all for the information

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
959 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: south africa tour

I would suggest you should stay in private reserve in Kruger if your budget allows. That will be totally different experience compared to Masai Mara.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 18:11
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: south africa tour

Hi

Like others have said, there is no better than Kruger in South Africa, and it is completely different experience to the Mara.

As much I would love to recommend a self drive in Kruger with only two days I do agree a private lodge may be better. For a recommendation I suggest to read the reviews of lodges here on TA, they are honest unbiased reports written by people who have stayed there.

8. Re: south africa tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:16