We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Africa

Marco Island
6 posts
Save Topic
South Africa

How good is Go Touch Down Africa agency? How is Kapala Lodge?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: South Africa

Hi Liz,

I have never heard of either the agency or the lodge, so I couldn't give you an opinion on either unfotrunately.

Are you looking to go on safari in SA? What is your budget?

Rgds

Brett, Owner, Safaris For Me, SA

London, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: South Africa

You can do it all yourself if you want or use one of the tour companies e.g. the ones that advertise on these forums.

I haven't heard of that company either..

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: South Africa

Any chance you mean Kapama rather than Kapala ?

Marco Island
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: South Africa

Yes, Sorry for the mistake ...kapama.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: South Africa

Hi,

Not sure about the safari experience at Kapama...i haven't experienced it. I have spent alot of time in and mainly send guests to lodges in either the Sabi Sands or Timbevati game reserves or Madikwe. From what I know, Kapama and Thornybush are self contained fenced reserves, whereas Sabi Sands, Timbavati and a few others like Manyeleti are open to the Kruger Park allowing the wildlife to move freely between the reserves.

I have never had guests complaining about the safari experience at any of the lodges in the Sabi Sands or Timbavati. Your budget is also a factor as to where to go.

Rgds

Brett, Owner, Safaris For Me, SA

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Africa

Don't know that agency, but we arranged our complete custom South Africa experience, including two safaris at Dulini and Tanda Tula, and CT boutique hotel Manna Bay, through Icon Expeditions, Cape Town. Most professional travel assistance we have ever experienced. Ask for Desire' Saayman as your agent!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Africa

hi there...

we are lookign at doing a 3 weesk in SA to Vic Falls in Dec 2013 OR July 2014. Any suggestions u could give us? Dec is the better time to travel for us becos of skool holidays...but any suggestions wud b helpful

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: South Africa

Hi sumukund,

You'll have a great time either way. July, being winter will be generally cooler in all parts of SA and probably Vic Falls as well. December will be hot everywhere and is in our rainy season, so you could expect thunder showers in certain areas...probably not in the Cape though. If you are looking to come in December is would suggest that you look to start booking or speak to an agent soon(which I would recommend, given the length and potential complexity of your trip) to assist you with advice and booking etc. Safari lodges etc do get booked up quite quickly and it is only about 6 months away.

3 weeks is perfect and will give you enough time everywhere without having to rush. I'm not sure what your budget is, but the must do's is a safari at the top of the list, Cape Town, Cape Winelands. These are the most common tourist attractions and along with Vic Falls you'll have a nicely rounded trip. Time permiiting there are many other places to vist and thing to do.

With regards to safaris, there are different types - private game reserves and lodges and self drive in the Kruger National Park. You'll have a different experience in both and your budget will indicate which you could do. The first place to start is with your budget!!

I hope this is a good start and helps a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: South Africa

Hello, i would rather consider coming in July, because in December, everything closes down and the whole country goes on Holiday. You can also think that prices are higher because it is "in high season". Rather come in July, it is low season, you will get better package deals and although the weather is cooler, it is preferable to the heat and the hordes of people in December.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

10. Re: South Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:18