We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Gansbaai?

ct
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Gansbaai?

We are traveling to Gansbaai as a family of 5 in July, 3 of us are going on a shark dive myself and my oldest daughter 23 will be staying on land any suggestions of things to do while the others are out for a half day?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Gansbaai?

If you are driving yourselves and haven't yet booked your dive, I suggest White Shark Ecoventures,, www.white-shark-diving.com. I did videography on the shark boats a few years ago and feel that they run the most professional operation. My SAfrica home is next to Gansbaai in De Kelders - and that would be a good place to stay if you don't have lodging lined up.

But your real question - what can the non-diver do..??.. There are good outdoor markets on Saturdays in Hermanus, and even a small one in Stanford. Run till about 100PM. One of the big local churches in Gansbaai often has a market on Fridays in their community hall featuring handcrafts and food (baked goods, etc). Parking along Cliff Road in De Kelders and watching whales would be a good thing - having a bite & drink at the charming Coffee On The Rock on that street would also be a good use of time. Its patio looks right out at the whales. There's a trail along the water's edge that takes you even closer. Otherwise, not much.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

ct
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Gansbaai?

Thanks for the info Dave I have already booked the dive with White Shark Projects, do you have any knowledge have this company? And I'm sure my oldest daughter will enjoy the markets since we are booked for a Saturday. May I also ask you I you have any information on tandem skydiving which they are all interested in doing and I'm in the midst of researching.

3. Re: What to do in Gansbaai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:16