We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Recomendations

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Recomendations

Would anyone be able to recommend any Safari's off of the Garden Route in South Africa? I'm looking to do a 2 day Safari and hoping to see the big 5.

Felleng Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Safaris
Tim Brown Tours - Durban Safari Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Recomendations

You really should travel a bit further to Port Elizabeth for a true safari experience.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Recomendations

We are planning to go from Port Elizabeth - would you recommend any in particular?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Recomendations

Really depends on your budget. If you can do the top end lodges then have a look at either Shamwari or Kwandwe. If you budget is a bit tighter then Kariega and Amakhala are good options.

If your budget is REALLY tight then Addo.

Mark September

Small World Tours

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Recomendations

I went to Shamwari on honeymoon, it was a one-off & superb but we missed out on the elephants as they were to far away so stopped at Addo for a couple of hours & saw them almost instantly. I've since been to Addo 3 times when I lived there for a while, both are great experiences, Addo is value for money, basic but rustic accommodation with San Parks & the park is better than anything else nr Cape Town & on the Garden Route, you can check the animal list on the website.

5. Re: Safari Recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:16