We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAC cosmetics

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
MAC cosmetics

Hi there:-)

We are coming to South Africa in two weeks and was wandering if anyone could give me an idea on the prices of Mac makeup? Just so I know weather I stock up before I come or wait to buy when I get there

Thanks heaps

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MAC cosmetics

I'm not sure about where you are coming from. But I've usually found that MAC and other cosmetics are usually cheaper outside South Africa.

So might be worth stocking up before you come.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MAC cosmetics

Hello, i buy Mac and so does my daughter - it is very pricey here. Our currency does not favour imported goods from USA etc. because our Rand is so low.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MAC cosmetics

Hi

They are definitely more expensive than in the UK - not sure of your prices in New Zealand

Lisa

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MAC cosmetics

Last time I bought a lipstick a month or so back it was ZAR 180 if that helps.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MAC cosmetics

Hmm that's confusing, it looks like we in New Zealand might pay more,if a lipstick in sa is 170 zar, we pay $40 nz which is 300zar and for the studio fix foundation we pay the equivalent to $450 zar, maybe I should be buying it in sa?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MAC cosmetics

Just gone through my slips....also bought a powder blusher for R280. This was from the MAC counter in Foschini at Somerset Mall in Somerset West. They also still do the offer here where if you bring back 5 empty lipsticks you get a free one

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MAC cosmetics

Cool thank you for replying to my ridiculous question:-) looks like it is a bit cheaper in sa than nz, yay!

8. Re: MAC cosmetics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:23