We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capetown Wineland

Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Capetown Wineland

Hi

I am traveling to Capetown for two weeks in August/September. We wanted to stop in at a vineyard between capetown and Oudtshoorn ( big distance i know) but i heard the best are around Stellenbosh and franschhoek. I was recommended to do the wine tram in Franschhoek . . .We would basically like to stop at a large vineyard just to experience walking through the vines maybe a litte tasting etc a few hours would be ample for us.

Any recommendations would be great!!

Thanks

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capetown Wineland

Then Boschendal in Franschhoek may be your best bet. It's a beautiful large estate with wine tasting, picnic possibilities, they have a small museum.

Regards

Michelle - Owner - Cape Town Guide

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capetown Wineland

I would not recommending to do that on the day that you will driving from Cape Town to Oudtshoorn. Rather do that on a day that you have free and spend at least a full day in the Wine Lands visiting Stellenbosch and Franschoek. If you have to stop at a winery on route on the day that you will be driving, rather stop maybe in Paarl, Montagu or even Robertson. All of these towns are on your way and you do not even have to drive very far off your route to get to them.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capetown Wineland

Hi

I would recommend Vergelegen and Lourensford. Both in Somerset West. They would give you a good few hours.the house and grounds at Vergelegen are beautiful

However, I agree with Hank. It would be better to spend a whole day in the winelands

Lisa

4. Re: Capetown Wineland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:23