We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

new york, ny
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

Hello, I'm planning my honeymoon over 14 days for late May 2014. My fiancé and I are trying to plan out a trip landing in Cape Town and flying out Durban. I like to surf and we like stay in some nice places but not over the top. We would definitely like to do some wineries, see a reserve but don't want to spend more than two or three days doing just one thing since we have only two weeks. Any suggestions along the way any has? Garden Route, J-Bay, would like do shark cage diving in Cape Town, any ideas would greatly appreciated. Trying to keep the trip to $10,000 USD and flights are 3,000, so 7,000 US to spend over 14 days.

Thanks a ton. Can't wait to see your beautiful country.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

Shark Cage Diving is at Gans Baai 150km from Cape Town, maybe your first overnight stop.

Maybe Cape Town and Winelands(4), Gansbaai (2), Knysna (2), J-Bay (2), Addo (2), Kei Mouth (1), Port St Johns (1), Durban (2)

Although I make that 16 nights!

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

You can also shark dive from Simon's Town combining it with the peninsular day trip, then you could leave CT head via R62 inland to Oudtshoorn overnight here then Knysna or Plett is a short drive.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

Hello and why not fly some of the way? Port Elizabeth to Durban maybe? Spend a few day in Durban or explore KwaZulu Natal. I have been in there in May and the weather was great. There are some wonderful pvt Big 5 Reserves approx 3 hours from Durban plus the Drakensberg mountains.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

4. Re: Honeymoon-driving from Cape Town to Durban over 14 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:19