I am getting married on 24 Dec 13 and get started with my honeymoon trip by 27 Dec 13. I am however aware of the festive season surcharge till 5 Jan 14. I can therefore also postpone the start date to first week of Jan 14.
I am a travel freak and have explored whole of India. that's the reason for me planning an honeymoon outside India. I have shortlisted few of the places like - Mauritius, Maldives, Far east Asia - however these places provide more of only one thing like beaches etc. I am very much inclined to SA considering the variety of destination and also the value for money.
I have obtained quote from various travel agents - but those are in a tour packages. I am looking our for more customized tours wherein I can book my flight / hotel tickets in advance. Local travel can be through car.
My budget considering the current conversion factor of Indian Rupee to SA is around R28000 for couple. My specific requirement and queries are:
1. Is January the best time to visit SA especially for wild life and overall climate
2. Is my budget adequate enough. If no, I can drop SA for the time being and shift to some other destination
3. Is it self drive safer in Cape town (I love driving but in India it is right driving)
4. How to arrange for small travels like airport to hotel
5. how to arrange for reservations for various game parks / reserves - are they all available online
6. the ideal route (south to north or north to south)
7. I have read about the alternatives to Kruger - but are they worth?
8. Is Durban and nearby places / Mabula game reserve all important
1. Need not stay in 4 - 5 star hotels on all of the nights. Instead I can plan them for few nights at selected places
2. Pure Vegetarian food
3. I am okay with Train travel between JSB to CT in case it really impacts the costs to such an extent
I am planning to freeze the bookings asap (by 25 Sep 13) so that the costs don't shoot up further...