We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
585 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

I'm going from uk in a couple of weeks and seen adapters on amazon.co.uk for uk 3 'square' pin but can't tell if any of them could also double up for my 2 round pin mosquito repellent (which needs to be plugged in horizontally to work)

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

amazon.co.uk/2-In-1-Universal-South-Africa-A…

Or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tmvel-Grounded-Universal-Adapter-Africa/dp/B009AJEF4O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1379857171&sr=8-5&keywords=South+Africa+adapter

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

those don't allow for the 2 pin to be inserted horizontally as far as I can see. I want to be able to insert a tablet mosquito repellent which can only work horizontally

england
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

where are you staying? In some of the places we stayed there was at least one British socket and a socket I could use for my two pin electric toothbrush. We were also given an adaptor a previous guest had left behind when ours (bought on Amazon) didn't work.

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

protea hotel kruger lodge

Pretoria, SA
Level Contributor
398 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

the standard british adaptors you buy here have sufficient space on the bottom two pins to allow the south african two pin to fit.

thesafaristore.co.uk/products/Accessories/Ad…

You can buy them in all clicks/ dis chem and a lot of decent supermarkets as well as the airport

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

When you arrive at the airport, go to the yellow "i" sign and ask them to direct you to the store that sells the adapters at the airport.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and safaris

7. Re: Can you buy a single adapter for uk 3-pin and uk 2 pin round

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:21