We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Bolligen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Hi I'm looking for a malaria-free, Big-5, comfortable safari that's not too hot in November. I hear Madikwe will be too hot so I'm considering the Eastern Cape especially because I'll be visiting Cape Town as well. Would love your thoughts!

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Cape
Eastern Cape
South Africa
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
African Flame Safaris
Private Tours, Safaris
Kruger Flexi Tours - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, Safaris, City Tours
Vula Tours
Private Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

MAdikwe would give you the best experience, IMHO.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

There are quite a few game reserves in the Eastern Cape see link, you need to choose carefully, Shamwari is my recommendation.

sa-venues.com/accommodation/ec_game_lodges.h…

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Cape
Eastern Cape
South Africa
Bolligen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Thank you so much!!

Bolligen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Hi Everyone! OK I think you've sold me on Madikwe but I want to be sure, or at least try hard, to see the Big 5 and get the best possible game-viewing in a malaria free zone. Sooo, I realize that there are some issues with November being summer and the brush being lush, so do you have any suggestions as to where we should stay? My top choices are Ipodimo Game Reserve, Bush Lodge, and I'm also considering some Private Game reserves but would love your POV because this really is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. FYI - I'm planning to go Nov 18-21 or 19-22 for the safari itself. We arrive on Monday the 18th so I think i'll take it easy on the 18th and go the 19-22 for 3 nights. open to ANY suggestions. THANKS!

5. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 15:30
Edited: 26 January 2017, 15:30
6. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Bolligen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

So you recommend the Eastern Cape over Madikwe?

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Cape
Eastern Cape
South Africa
8. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Bolligen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?

Thanks so much. A couple of questions - will the game viewing be better in the Eastern Cape vs. Madikwe? Also, the reserve list for the Eastern Cape is a bit overwhelming...any advice on rankings besides Shamwari because the Shamwari Game Reserve seems to be sold out...

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Cape
Eastern Cape
South Africa
Shamwari Game Reserve
Shamwari Game Reserve
384 Reviews
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
10. Re: Eastern Cape Safari or Madikwe Safari in November?