We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franschhoek Wineries

Paris, France
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Franschhoek Wineries

I will be here for 3 days. One of which I am doing the horseback wine tasting. The other days I want to go wine tasting as well however do not really want to drive. Options? Or itinerary options? Best wineries?

Also I have heard mixed reviews of wine tram. Help! I am confused! thanks for any and all advice!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Franschhoek Wineries

Hi

Suggest you look at the following website http://franschhoek.org.za/ if you look under tours and activities there are a coupe of tour companies that could take you around the different wineries.

Suggest these two wineries to visit Haute Cabriere and Rickety Bridge.

Regards

Hugh

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Franschhoek Wineries

The wine tram is the way to go. It's hoho at your leisure covering some six estates incl. Haute C and Rickety B. And no driving necessary. And restaurants of your choice on the way at the estates.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Franschhoek Wineries

The wine tram is one the best options currently that you can make use off, www.winetram.co.za . They go past estates in Franschoek such as: Haute Cabriere, Dieu Donne, Chamonix, Rickety Bridge and also Grande Provence. Lunch at Haute Cabriere will be good and also they have a brilliant view over Franschoek Valley.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

4. Re: Franschhoek Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:20