We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the whether in South Africa in December?

hyderabad
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How is the whether in South Africa in December?

Hi,

I am visiting Johannesburg, Cape Town and Sun City in the last week of December. So, could you please tell me what kind of whether it is during that time? Should I carry any warm clothes? Does it rain during this time of the year?

Any help would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

It's the middle of our summer so expect hot sunny days of 30 degrees and up. We will often get thunderstorms in the late afternoon and evenings. If you do have a rainy day it probably won't be very cold. You should be fine with a light jacket or fleece.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

Think Rome.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

Think Rome. In June.

hyderabad
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

Thank you all.. That was very helpful..!!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

Along the coast (Cape Town), the temperature can drop any the evening, so have a warmish over layer to put in for when you go out in the evenings.

6. Re: How is the whether in South Africa in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18