We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

Rosmalen
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

Does anyone know what's the best-cheapest way to travel from Capetown to Victoria Falls (botswana-zimbabwe). We might want to visit that area and maybe travel to Etosha NP as well. I saw a bus service to Victoria Falls and Windhoek, but I don't know its safe.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

If you have lots of time, maybe take the bus, otherwise you should fly. Its about 2600 km and I dont think that would be a nice trip by bus.

BTW, as far as my geographical knowledge tells me, the Vic Falls are to be visited either from Zambia or from Zimbabwe. Not from Botswana.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
287 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

Fly fly fly! When you consider the time saved and not being tired when you arrive flying its actually cheaper.

Rosmalen
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

Thank you!! I guess the best way should be from J'burg. Or is a flight from Capetown also duable?

Rosmalen
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

Dear klaus,

You're right. Wrong country mentioned in my post. Thanks for your advice. I won't take the bus. For sure!!

5. Re: the best way to travel frome Capetown to Vic falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:18