We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,554 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

Skukuza is just off the southeast corner of the Sabi Sand Reserve. Its weather would reflect what you might experience anywhere in Sabi Sand, or that area of Kruger Park.

accuweather.com/en/…1142521

On that page, select 'Month' and when the Month page comes up, change the calendar to the month you will be traveling. You can see what it was this year - or in other years.

Here's June of last year, for example:

accuweather.com/en/…

For Timbavati, Thornybush, Kapama, Klaserie, Balule and other areas near Hoedspruit, start here;

accuweather.com/en/…1147501

Again, set the month to the one that suits you.

For Madikwe, we use weather at Gaborone, Botswana.. just across the border:

accuweather.com/en/…36781

For the safari reserves in the Eastern Cape.. Port Elizabeth is a good choice:

accuweather.com/en/…304827

And for such KwaZulu Natal reserves as Phinda, Mkuze, Zulu Nyala.. use Hluhluwe:

accuweather.com/en/…298995

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,554 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

My typist (me) should be fired. Here are good Weather sites...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

BD

Perhaps Here is a.. ..i.e. one site, covering all areas ?. Thanks very useful for planning purposes for fellow travellers. I will add it to my favourites.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

Thanks for that Dave, very helpful. Of course, the weather may not be typical for that month. Here's an example I encountered: October is usually hot with perhaps some of the first rains of the season. Took my wife to a number of lodges in the Sabi Sand, fully expecting to enjoy the usual hot October weather. And on the day we arrived it was indeed 46 degrees (C, not F). Then a cold front came in the next day and we had freezing cold, windy, cloudy, wet weather for the next week! It felt like George in August! So you never know... :)

But a useful post nonetheless!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,554 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

Right, Onne... We were out in Timbavati, Klaserie, Thornybush - in late October, early November.. and never saw one hot day...

5. Re: Here's are good Weather sites for safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:18