We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Kwa Zulu in February and school holidays .

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,522 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather in Kwa Zulu in February and school holidays .

Our cruise ends in Mauritus on 3rd January 2015, we plan to stay on there for a few days before going on a 2 week tour of Kwa Zulu. ( Drakensberg, Battlefields, Umfolozi, St Lucia, North Durban for beach) I now realise that school is not back until around the 14th Jan. in SA , so our holidays would overlap for a week.

Am I correct in thinking that the coast will be very crowded as the school holidays are still on, even at the higher budget level places. ?

Our plan B is to fly home to the UK and come back to SA mid Feb. However, the weather info. states that in Kwa Zulu most rain falls April- Oct. and also Jan. - Feb. This seems like a lot of rain. Can I expect short storms (1-2 hours) in Feb. or days of rain and drizzle ? I appreciate that the mountainous regions are prone to rain at any time.

thanks

thanks

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Kwa Zulu in February and school holidays .

Hello and I think there will only be a slight overlap on holidays. We go mostly in late Feb and I think there is a half term whilst there to. I should really know as we have quite a few nephews and nieces! Its generally hot through Jan. & Feb. But yes there is a chance of afternoon storms but I have found these more so in the Berg. For us any time from mid Jan to late March is a lovely time to be in KZN and away from the UK winter. Regarding crowds I don't think it will be too bad at all. I would say though that the accommodation in Imfolozi does get booked up well in advance.

Mark -Owner - SafariKZN

2. Re: weather in Kwa Zulu in February and school holidays .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17