We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting KwaZulu Natal

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting KwaZulu Natal

We are thinking of visiting KZN next January

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting KwaZulu Natal

Using an Ipad I managed to enter a blank post!

Anyway my question is:

We are thinking of visiting KZN next January, specifically the Midlands, Battlefields & Drakensberg area, but are getting conflicting comments on the weather. Some say it's very wet, others mid summer so hot & dry.

Which is it?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
794 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting KwaZulu Natal

Well, here in the Midlands, in the last few weeks we've had temperatures in the upper 20's / lower 30's during the day for about two weeks, today it's 22 with clouds and rain, tomorrow's meant to be 30-odd again.

Generally we're in the summer rainfall area. That should mean warm to hot and sunny days with a chance of evening thundershowers. By January the spread of thundershowers is usually decreasing.

All in all, January should be a good time to visit. Warm to hot sunny days with evening showers and quite humid. Then again, who's sure of anything when it comes to weather forecasting?

Try this though; I've found it to be pretty accurate recently:-

southafricanweather.co.za/aat/default.asp…

3. Re: Visiting KwaZulu Natal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19