We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape town to port elizabeth to durban

Coventry, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
cape town to port elizabeth to durban

I am planning to visit South Africa in late October, visiting Cape Town to Port Elizabeth to Durban for a total of 12 days. What transport would you recommend? Also I am planning on staying at a game lodge whilst en route from Cape town to Port Elizabeth, any recommendations?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape town to port elizabeth to durban

Hello and I spend a lot of time in KwaZulu Natal and always visit Durban. I must be honest I have never been to PE but have flown between Durban & Cape Town a few times. I guess it depends what you want to do during your 12 days? Have you any plans for Durban? You could consider one of the many excellent Big 5 reserves not too far from Durban. You could also visit the Drakensberg Mountains or Isimangaliso Wetlands, both world heritage sites. There is of course also the Battlefields, Zulu & Boer War. Just to give you a few suggestions on what to do from Durban.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cape town to port elizabeth to durban

What age group are you?

If young, Baz Bus. www.bazbus.co.za

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cape town to port elizabeth to durban

Highly recommend Baz Bus. Don't have to be young, just young of mind and heart. Booking was easy, safe and efficient and the system of only needing to choose and book each leg of your journey a day or two in advance; convenient, with flexibility for your itinerary as you go.

Q b
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cape town to port elizabeth to durban

Hello and can suggest that you look at the following site: http://www.kwantu.co.za/

It is a private game reserve situated in a malaria free part of the Eastern Cape and has a volunteer programme as well as an elephant sanctuary, rehabilitation centre and big cat sanctuary as well. It is an hour away from Port Elizabeth along the N2.

For transport, yes try the Bazbuz or look at www.computicket.co.za for intercity or long distance passenger bus transport.

If you're keen on using the train, look at : https:/…train-routes.html

5. Re: cape town to port elizabeth to durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15