We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connections at Johannesburg to Mauritius

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
connections at Johannesburg to Mauritius

Hi All

My fiance and I are honeymooning in South Africa and Mauritius and we're flying from Kruger to Johannesburgh then onto Mauritius. I'd prefer to fly straight through (there is 2.5 hours between the flights in Joburg) but another travel agent advised that airlines are really unreliable and we're running the risk of missing the flight and having to pay for the hotel in Joburg plus miss out on the hotel in Mauritius if we do this.

What do other people think?

Thank you so much

Laura

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connections at Johannesburg to Mauritius

Normally 2,5 hours is fine between flights. And they are realiable the flights, but always something can happen, bad weather or so.. If you want te be sure, take an earlier flight, or fly to Joburg one day before. This is the only thing you can do to be 100% sure you will get your flight to Mauritius.

Have fun.,

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
139 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connections at Johannesburg to Mauritius

I would suggest rather being cautious, although airlines here are very reliable, for some reason the Kruger-Johannesburg flight is notorious for being late and 2.5 hours doesn't give you much breathing room. Plus you can spend a night in our lovely city. I would just suggest coming into Sandton or Rosebank for the night. Lots of people make the mistake of staying close to the airport which is in a very dull area.

Anne

3. Re: connections at Johannesburg to Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:37