We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency for South Africa

Ohrigstad, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Currency for South Africa

I see that there are no settings on the App for South Africa Rand

Mentioned in this post
1. Re: Currency for South Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 08:32
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency for South Africa

If you feel strongly enough about it I suppose you could contact TA Support (or post on the Support forum)? Maybe they'll pop it on their enhancements list.

Cape Town Central...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency for South Africa

Hi there did u find out why there is no setting for zar thank you

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency for South Africa

There is now. On the desktop site (full site), in the top right-hand corner, there is a currency code. If you click on the drop-down next to it you now have the option to select ZAR.

[Edit] Have just seen that the original question pertained to the app, my bad. I uninstalled the app (How's that for an accolade) so can't comment there]

Edited: 26 February 2014, 05:48
Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency for South Africa

The app still doesn't have zar as a currency choice but, like auntie, I never use it. For forum use the full site works much better on my phone (using Opera).

However in the past week or so TA have actually introduced www.tripadvisor.co.za - finally! You can select this using the flag icon drop-down, top right. Gives ZAR, SA time stamps on everything, SA defaults in searches and other local defaults. We are now on a par with Malaysia, Ireland and Peru!

Edited: 26 February 2014, 06:56
Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
830 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency for South Africa

VDC - I've been using the TA's co.za site for months, might even be a couple of years it's been so long.

7. Re: Currency for South Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 07:18