I posted this in a Kruger National Park topic as well but wanted broad advice … We have 8 days in S. Africa and are thinking of the below itinerary:
- 4 days in the Cape Town area, including 1 full day at a wedding
- 3 nights in Sabi Sands (at 2 different lodges)
- ~24 hours to do something else before flying out of Johannesburg around noon.
My questions are:
1) Does that seem like a good allocation of time? There seems to be so much to do in the Cape Town area, so I'm thinking we should spend 5 days there, but many people seem to recommend 3 nights on safari.
2) What would you recommend for a post-Sabi Sands and pre-Joburg activity that's logistically convenient to the two locations? Blyde River Canyon seems geographically feasible, would you recommend a visit? We'd have to figure out logistics of how to get from Sabi Sands -> Blyde River Canyon (stay one night?) -> Joburg
Thanks so much!