We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town and surroundings in October

Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town and surroundings in October

Hi fellow travellers!

I need your help and advice. I am planning my 10 day honeymoon trip to South Africa (Western side, as whole of the country would atleast need a month) in the second week of October.

My priority list has beaches, countryside and Inverdoorn game reserve. So I have planned 3 days in Cape Town, 2 days in franschhoek, 1 day in stellenbosch, 1 day in Paarl, 2 days in inverdoorn game reserve. As a matter of fact my plan is totally flexible subject to your suggestions.

So please guide me how can I plan a 10-12 days trip to the Cape Town region where I can spend some time on beaches, explore local attractions of Cape Town, enjoy some beautiful countryside towards stellenbosch and franschhoek and also have a great experience of game reserve on this end of the country?

Thanks in advance. Your suggestions are welcomed!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town and surroundings in October

There is No Big 5 reserve on that side of the country, I would suggest have 6 daysin cape town and surrounds and then fly to kruger and have 3 days and fly back home from Johanesburg.

I would suggest maybe this:

1 day V&A waterfront, robbin island, bloubergstrand

1day cable mountain, camps bay clifton for your beaches

1 day cape peninsula tour

1 day you could go to Hermanus for whales or Gansbaai for shark diving on way stop at botanical gardens

2 days wine region

3 days kruger

if you give me more info about what you want I an try and advise more :)

Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town and surroundings in October

Thank you so much for you guidance!! :)

Well our priority in this trip is chilling in Cape Town and surroundings, doing Franschhoek for a little small town/countryside experience and go to some small reserve near Cape Town itself to have a little spoon of change to our whole trip.

This is so because unfortunately we only have 10-12 days for our honeymoon and we plan to do kruger, Johannesburg, sun city and durban in our next trip to south Africa.

Your plan for Cape Town is just perfect! It would be a great help if you suggest us some small getaway game reserves near Cape Town and some good countryside to send 2-3 days in..

Thank you so much, your plan for Cape Town has solved our one problem atleast :)

London england
Level Contributor
243 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town and surroundings in October

You don't need to spend separate nights in Franschoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl as they are all so close to each other. You could stay in Camps Bay and be right on the beach - nothing better than joining the locals for the dog walks on the beach at 7.00 am before breakfast!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town and surroundings in October

Yes... no need to pack up and move around the Winelands. Each of them is about 30 minutes from the others. There is a luxury safari lodge - Sanbona - that is reachable from Cape Town.. but they do have scheduled arrival and departure times if you want to use their shuttles from their main gate, so that will affect your planning. Otherwise, Inverdoorn is it., and it is much more of a fun place for outings and families than you would experience up in other parts of the country. You probably would enjoy it.

5. Re: Cape Town and surroundings in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:21